Standardization: Primary Guideline
- SO/IEC 13818 Info tech- general code of moving graphics & accompanying sound.
- Business Info (SI) standard (DVB-SI) in EN 300 468 DVB system.
- Standard of Graph & text transmission bit streams: (DVB-TXT)300 472 DVB.
- EN 101 192 DVB Standard (DVB-DATA) of Data Broadcasting.
- TR 101 202 Data Broadcasting guide.
- TS 102 201 DVB IRD Interface tech standard (DVB-IRD).
- EN 50221 About Conditional Accessing and other common interfaces of DVB decoders (DVB-CI).
- TS 101 197-1 DVB Simulcrypt receiving standard (DVB-SIM).
- ETR 289 Common Scrambling System Description (DVB-CSA).
- ETR 154 Application guide of MPEG-2 System, Video & audio in satellite, cable and terrestrial systems. (DVB- MPEG).
Expandability: Brings long-term vitality for the system
Three crucial system capabilities we care most:
- Expandability of business.
- Management capability of relative business.
- Upgrade capacity.
Measures to guarantee these three capabilities:
- System and subsystems strictly complying to according standards.
- Focus on Network Management System ( ROSA ), Subscriber Management System (SMS), CA System.
- Modulated standard equipment + open software module design is a key insurance of smooth upgrade.
Focus: System, Efficiency and Reliability
How to ensure system Efficiency
- Balance ‘backup’ and ‘efficiency’ .
- Take resource utility rate of relative equipment into consideration from the beginning of equipment model selection stage.
- Focus on management efficiency of overall system and centralized management.
How to ensure System Reliability
- For common equipment in the system: pick industrial- class equipment provided by renowned manufacturers.
- For sub business system: Hardware & software should be complying with reliability requirement.
- Key factors: feasible environment, proper operation and management.
System Economics – profitability
- Stage I: Realize multiple digital TV program broadcasting, optimize system platform, establish subscriber base, cumulate experience;
- Stage II: Add verified value-added services, expand subscriber scale, optimize verified tolling system;
- Stage III: Further exploit high-end subscriber service type.
- Initial profit: Subscriber monthly rent and STB sales profit.
- Mid-term profit: Gradually increase proportion of value-added service profits.
- Long-term profit: Based on optimized toll management and operating structure, various types of high-end subscriber services ensures the persistent increase of profit.